· A bird’s nest in the house, where pregnant woman lives is not to be removed.
· A girl born as a fifth child in a family will bring good luck and wealth.
· A new vehicle is to be driven over lemons to start its journey.
· A portrait of
Drishti Ganesha or Kandhrishti Vinayagar hung at the entrance of your house will destroy evil eye. Kandhrishti Ganapathy, Kan
· A pregnant woman is not to walk in the dark for fear of attack by spirits.
· A pregnant woman’s desire of eating any thing must be fulfilled, or else the baby will be born with ear problems.
· A toad should not fall on a pregnant woman, or else the baby would be weak.
· Fruits like lemon, pumpkin and coconut can absorb negative energy.
· If Non vegetarian food is to be carried at night, it must be taken with charcoal (aduppu kari).
· If you suspect a person as the cause of evil eye, bring some sand or earth on which the person has set foot. Circle this thrice over the victim. Allow the victim to spit on this sand thrice. Add red chilies with this and throw in fire. This will eliminate evil eye.
· Lemon with some chilies is tied and hung in front of the entrance of a house will shield the house from evil eyes.
· Salt and red chilies kept in the fist and circled thrice clockwise and thrice anti clockwise in front of a person and throwing them away through the backyard will clear all the evil eyes on that person.
· Item like salt, needle, curd, soap nut powder, money etc is not to go out of house at night.
· Taking of photograph will reduce the life of photographed person.
· To remove negativity around a person, camphor is to be burnt and shown near that person (Dhristi Pariharam or thirusti sutruthal).
· To ward off the evil eyes, a child is to be applied with a black colour mark called
drishti pottu (dhristi pottu) on its cheek. kan
· Wearing of a black thread brought from hanuman temple will chase away evil eyes.